GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT ZORTMAN,MONTANA
Zortman has a little bit of everything, including a small grocery store,that has a wide variety of Items, including Gas and Propane, a cafe,and a bar to wet your whistle, hotel, rental trailers and cabins, and a garage that has GAS and DEISEL fuel.
If you need a place to stay, the Kalal's have a limited number of hotel rooms and trailer houses available for rent, along with an RV Park. The Kalals will open up any space that they have. Check with the Kalals at the Garage and they will be able to tell you where these are.. If staying in the hotel, trailers, or the Kalals campground, the Kalals will allow use of their claims. If not staying with the Kalals, there will be a daily minimal fee for the use and upkeep of the claims.The Kalals can be reached at 1-800-517-0372. Please give this number to your family back home, so if there is an emergency, someone can get ahold of you
There is also a campground just outside of town on Beaver Creek operated by the BLM.This fills up quick, and is full most of the summer, and is a popular camping spot for locals to camp.
There is also a church on the paved road that has Sunday Services.
John and Candy Kalals Gold Claims
YOU MUST CHECK IN WITH JOHN OR CANDY KALAL PRIOR TO GOING TO THE CLAIMS.
THESE ARE NOT G.P.A.A. CLAIMS.
Because John and Candy Kalal allow us to use their private claims. These are the same claims that Pete Zortman struck it rich on. G.P.A.A. Membership is not required. Everyone is more than Welcome on the Kalal's Claims,
The Billings Chapter G.P.A.A helps the Kalals monitor the activities on the claims in cooperation with the Kalals. How else can we grow without them.
The Kalals support the Billings Chapter G.P.A.A. and the Billings Chapter G.P.A.A. also supports the Kalas.
SAFETY IS A MUST. There is no amount of gold that is worth your life, even a small injury can ruin your whole stay in Zortman. Remember, always, SAFETY FIRST.
Year Round Rules while on John and Candy Kalals Gold Claims
Here are a few rules that need to be followed:
1. You are responsible for yourself and family.
2. Make sure you know where you are. There are more than just the Kalals claims in the area.
DO NOT GO ONTO OTHER CLAIMS WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE CLAIM OWNERS.
3. Stay out of all tunnels, mineshafts, and away from old mining sites.
4. Stay out of the Pegasus mine area and reclamation area.
5. Use the buddy system.
6. Let someone know where you are going and when to expect you back.
7. Pick up trash on the claim and along the road.
8. Drive safely on roads, stay on your side, and go slow on blind corners.
9. Limit speeds in town to keep down the dust.
10. Respect all wildlife. (Black bears,Mountain Lions, Big Horn Sheep, Goats, Deer, Elk, etc.)
PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE.
REMEMBER, IT ONLY TAKES ONE PERSON TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE.